Arlington Winter Blitz 2018
December 1, 2018; These details are tentative
Check in 12:30pm - 1:30pm.
Scholastic Blitz Check in 9:00am-9:30am.
Salvation Army YET Center in Arlington, Texas
- 10 games (each round is two games, one White and one Black)
- Will affect blitz rating only, but regular ratings will be used for pairings.
- USCF membership is required to participate.
- Blitz Rules: http://www.uschess.org/docs/gov/reports/BlitzRuleChanges.pdf
- Send questions to email@example.com or text Chris Wood (817) 507-7522.
- Players should bring clocks. We will have a few clocks but cannot guarantee availability. If neither player has a clock,
both will be scored double draws.
- Open to all ages and ratings.
- 5-DOUBLE-ROUND, Swiss-System, G/3;+2;
- Sections (if more than one) determined by participation.
- Registration from 12:30pm – 1:30pm onsite only; All rounds ASAP (No ½ point byes)
- Players arriving after 1:30pm will receive zero point byes for first pairing.
- $20 Registration – cash only – onsite only. 50% returned as prizes.
- Open to K-12 students only.
- 5-DOUBLE-ROUND, Swiss-System, G/5;d0;
- One Section
- $15 Registration; Pre-registration required;
- First round is 9:45am. Other rounds ASAP (No ½ point byes)
- Trophies to top finishers.
- Limited to 40 participants
- Playoff games may be used to determine winner at descretion of director.
These folks help support our tournament.
Salvation Army Youth Education Town and Family Center
712 W. Abram Street
Arlington, TX 76013
Enter on the west side YET entrance. Free parking in YET lot and in lot across Abram street directly across from the building.
YET Entrance at the Salvation Army in Arlington
on the west side of the building.
Parking is available on the Abram-side entrance to the Salvation Army building at 712 W. Abram or in the lot directly accross Abram Street. Please use the YET entrance on the west side of the building.
Find on Google Maps