Arlington Winter Blitz 2018
December 1, 2018; These details are tentative
Check in 12:30pm - 1:30pm.
Scholastic Blitz Check in 9:00am-9:30am.
Salvation Army YET Center in Arlington, Texas
- 10 games (each round is two games, one White and one Black)
- Will affect blitz rating only, but regular ratings will be used for pairings.
- USCF membership is required to participate.
- Blitz Rules: http://www.uschess.org/docs/gov/reports/BlitzRuleChanges.pdf
- Send questions to email@example.com or text Chris Wood (817) 507-7522.
- Players should bring clocks. We will have a few clocks but cannot guarantee availability. If neither player has a clock, both will be scored double draws.
- Open to all ages and ratings.
- 5-DOUBLE-ROUND, Swiss-System, G/3;+2;
- Sections (if more than one) determined by participation.
- Registration from 12:30pm – 1:30pm onsite only; All rounds ASAP (No ½ point byes)
- Players arriving after 1:30pm will receive zero point byes for first pairing.
- $20 Registration – cash only – onsite only. 50% returned as prizes.
- Open to K-12 students only.
- 5-DOUBLE-ROUND, Swiss-System, G/5;d0;
- One Section
- $15 Registration; Pre-registration required;
- First round is 9:45am. Other rounds ASAP (No ½ point byes)
- Trophies to top finishers.
- Limited to 40 participants
- Playoff games may be used to determine winner at descretion of director.