October 22, 2022 (first round at 9:00am)
Thornton Elementary School, 2315 Stonegate St., Arlington, TX 76010
This event will last into the afternoon.
Open to All K-12 Students
All players will play five games; no eliminations. (5 rounds Swiss; G/30;d5)
Trophies awarded for individuals and teams
$20 Entry Fee (through October 21) | $30 Entry Fee (on site)
- Unrated K-3
- Unrated 4-6 (6th graders only if in elementary school)
- Unrated Middle School/High School[This section not offered.]
- Rated Under 400 (USCF members rated under 400 or without a rating)
- Rated Under 800 (USCF members rated under 800 or without a rating)
- Rated Open (USCF members of any rating or without a rating)
If you want to register a team all at once, please contact Chris Wood (chr[NOT-THIS-PART]email@example.com) or Andrew Walley (awal[NOT-THIS-PART]firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are interested in a team room, contact Andrew Walley.
US Chess Membership Not Required for Unrated Sections
Current membership in the US Chess Federation is required for rated sections, but not for unrated sections. If you would like to join the US Chess Federation, Youth memberships are $20/year and can be purchased online at USChess.org.
Food and drink are available for purchase at the school, but players may bring their own lunch.
If you have questions about the event or which section to register for, contact Chris Wood (chr[NOT-THIS-PART]email@example.com) at Arlington Chess Club or Andrew Walley (awal[NOT-THIS-PART]firstname.lastname@example.org) at Thornton Elementary.