Arlington Chess Club Open Chess Tournament
Our signature tournament since 2015, the Arlington Chess Club Open features great players from Arlington and all of north Texas.
- Open - Open to all US Chess members.
- Reserve (U1400) - Open to all US Chess members with ratings under 1400 or unrated players.
- Novice (U900) - Open to all US Chess members with ratings under 900 or unrated players.
All sections are at a time control of G/40;d5. Round Times are 9:00 am, 10:40 am, 1:00 pm, and 2:40 pm. Tournament will be initially limited to 50 players. If more than 50 players register, we may rent more space for additional capacity.
Early Registration is $30; Day-of registration is $40. Early registration ends at 11:00pm the day before the event.
- Open and Reserve - Cash Prizes. The prize fund will be equal to 90% of what is left after all tournament expenses are deducted from all tournament entry fees. Expenses include facility rental, liability insurance, supplies, US Chess ratings fees, and tournament director stipends.
- Novice Section - Top two finishers will receive small plaques or trophies.
Parents/Guardians of Minors
We welcome children to play in our tournament, but please be aware of the following:
- Your child will play against adults, will be treated like an adult, and will be expected to interact like an adult.
- Your child will not be supervised by us.
- If a child is under 16 years old, a parent/guardian must remain in the building unless an exception is given by the tournament organizer.
Rule Variations in Effect at the ACC Open
- 11H1. Director as witness only. In an event in which most games are not watched by directors, a director may refrain from correcting all illegal moves he or she may notice but simply serve as a witness should one of the players point out the illegal move before ten more moves have been made.
- 15A. Paper scoresheet variation. The player using a paper scoresheet may first make the move, and then write it on the scoresheet, or vice versa.